Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Day 10! Beachbody 60 Day Challenge



We are 1/6th of the way through our Challenge! 10 days in - only 50 more to go!

But seriously - you should not take lightly the work you have finished to this point. Staying committed to anything is difficult - especially a diet and workout plan. Be proud of what you have accomplished up to now and resolve to keep it up for five more sixths! We can do this!!

Today, the Hubs and I took an impromptu drive up to Chattanooga. I want to be getting back to college in the near future - again - to finish up that degree I never finished - 10 years ago. I requested my transcripts from my high school and never heard anything from them. Luckily for us, Chattanooga is close and we like driving up there, so we made the trip and picked up the transcripts ourselves. While we were in the car, we were taking a sharp turn so I reached up to the little passenger handle to hang on for my life. My husband looked over at me and said, "Hey, Biceps! Don't break the handle off!" I looked over at my arm and, what do you know - I had a nice defined bicep and shoulder muscle looking back at me! There are a couple of things that are nice about this: 1. I have been at this for 10 days and already there is a noticeable difference in my body. 2. My HUSBAND noticed!

If other people are noticing differences in me because of this workout and diet program just 10 days in - I am very hopeful for what the next 50 days hold! I'm so glad I started this!

We also had the chance to stop by one of our favorite restaurants in Chattanooga while we were there - Big River Grille. They have the best EVERYTHING there. However, because I am eating healthy right now, I stuck with my favorite salad. Luckily, it is super delicious and has all of my favorite things in it - so I didn't feel like I was being deprived.

I had already woken up early and gotten in my PiYo workout this morning. Overall, a good challenge day! Here is what is on my plate today:

Breakfast: I ran out of eggs! Catastrophe! I had to improvise. I remembered I had purchased some frozen egg white things while they were on sale a few weeks ago and stuck them in the freezer for emergencies such as this. So I thawed 3 of those suckers and served them up with a chicken sausage and some sauteed zucchini and yellow squash. Not my normal yummy egg breakfast, but still a good, hearty meal. It served me well on the car trip!

Lunch: Chicken Cashew Salad - balsamic vinaigrette on the side. The salad had sliced grilled chicken, artichoke hearts and cashews served over mixed greens. I had them leave off the feta today (even though that really is the best part).

Snack: Dried fruit and almonds on the road home. Not the best option, but road tripping gives me the munchies.

Dinner: As of yet, this is rather undecided. The Hubs is off to the doctor to have them evaluate his cough. Not sure what he will want for dinner - this could mean I could be eating some version of what the family has or a chicken sausage with sauteed veggies. Either way, it will be a protein with vegetables!

Have you noticed any changes in your body yet as a result of the new workout? Better yet, has any one else noticed?

See you tomorrow!

Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment