Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Beachbody 60 Day Challenge - Day 3

Whew! It has been a long day - and it's only 8:30! I'm going to be asleep with the Eunice's of the world today. That's what I call elderly ladies. Eunice. I digress. Blame it on sleep deprivation.

Back to the blog at hand. I had a great day. I got my workout in early, I ate well and much was accomplished. I am feeling even more sore today than yesterday, though. I can feel muscles that I didn't know I had and I'm going to be honest with you - I LOVE it! It is a good pain, but man - it is pain.

I can't wait to see what the results of these workouts and this diet are in 57 more days. I know it is going to be exactly what I was hoping!

Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with butternut squash and yellow squash. I was low on veggies this morning and used what I had. Normally, I wouldn't scramble eggs with butternut squash - but it was so yummy. I'm going to have it again tomorrow!

Lunch: Shakeology mixed with one cup of almond milk. It was another busy day. I sucked it down in the car on my way from one place to the next. This chocolate vegan Shakeology is really growing on me!

Snack: Coconut cream pie Larabar. This one is by far my favorite Larabar. I also snacked on some turkey and apple slices later in the afternoon. I was pretty hungry today.

Dinner: Butternut squash soup with baked chicken breast. I was still pretty hungry at dinner so I also had a salad (using my unlimited salad greens) with a homemade lemon garlic vinaigrette.

The family ordered Chinese food for dinner tonight. I'm going to level with you: I wanted an egg roll. Like I would never see another egg roll again and I NEEDED to eat one right then. But I didn't. This is why it always pays off to have something, anything, pre-prepared in the fridge and ready to eat. I was able to have my soup and chicken with my salad without having to spend time cooking while everyone was eating. It also didn't hurt that the food that I was eating was yummy!

I would love to hear how you all are feeling 3 days in. Did you plan appropriately for your diet? Are you feeling sore from your workouts? Are you enjoying the DVD's? Only 57 more days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment