Thursday, October 9, 2014

Beachbody 60 Day Challenge: Day 4

Hello, again from Beachbody Challenge Land! I am feeling a little worse for the wear today. It has been a busy week and a hard week to be getting toxins and sugar out of my system. My body has gotten used to a regular dose of sugar and it was DEMANDING it's fix today. I am a constant grazer - I love to munch on little handfuls of things throughout the day. Since I wasn't being very strict with myself these past months, those little handfuls of things had turned into handfuls of marshmallows or and chocolate chips. Or, when I was having a particularly stressful or tiring day, I would get a big  very big scoop of cookie butter straight from the jar and feel sorry for myself while I licked the spoon. Not good eating habits, my friends.

So as of day four, I am feeling it. I was wanting  a Cinnamon Soy Latte from Starbucks so bad today I could literally taste it. I went out to lunch with some of my very good friends and partners in ministry today - we went to Zoe's Kitchen. They have so many healthy options there. But what I really wanted was some pimento cheese and a brownie. A big, honkin' brownie. But I stuck with my side Greek salad with chicken and I feel proud of myself. But I want the brownie no less!

I am always conscious of what I put into my body during meals. It is a lot harder for me to keep track of all my snacking... I know it will be worth it in the end! I'm looking forward to being less bloated and having more consistent energy throughout the day. I'm also looking forward to achieving the muscle tone and post-baby body that I'm missing after my fourth pregnancy. I will make it for the next 56 days... and further!

Here's what's on my plate today:

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with butternut squash and yellow squash. I cut up a little comprari tomato and added it to the top today. I know it sounds weird, but this is so yummy. The squash takes on the consistency of a potato and it is just so good.

Lunch: Zoe's Kitchen - Side Greek Salad with grilled chicken and onions added. No feta. I fed my pita bread to my 10 month old and we split a side of fruit. Lemon Vinaigrette dressing on the salad. Very delish!

Snack: Apple with 1 1/2 tsp almond butter - I microwave the apple with cinnamon then melt the almond butter on top. This is soooo delicious.

Dinner: Sausage and Peppers with a big side of mixed veggies. I sautee the Adele's Sausage with some sliced bell pepper, then steam my veggies on the side. I'm thinking I'll have broccoli tonight.

I bought some leeks from the Farmer's Market yesterday... I'm trying to decide what I'm going to do with those bad boys. I love leek and potato soup... I'm going to have to figure out a way to make a healthier version. Yay for Google!

See you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment