Thursday, October 23, 2014

Beachbody 60 Day Challenge: Day 14

Today is Sunday, and this week it is my rest day.

I am so thankful for rest days! My body is happy to just eat nutritious foods and sleep in. I use the term "sleep in" very loosely since I have so many other people running around my home demanding food and such. But 5:30 is later than 4:45, so it's sleeping in to me!

We went to church this morning and I got to hear from my Savior. Jesus is always speaking; I am not always listening. But today He spoke and I heard and I am terribly excited about it. We worship a God who cares so deeply for His creation. We do Him a terrible justice in showing His love to the hurting and the lost. I want to be better at loving the way Jesus loved.

I had a good day nutritionally as well and even though I wasn't trying to lose weight, the weight seems to be just falling off. I am also gaining tone in my arms and abdominal area. I'm not seeing the same kind of gains in my legs, but that is where I carry the majority of my fat - so it's probably happening and I'm just not noticing the results as quickly.

Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with butternut squash, spinach and turkey sausage topped with some avocado. I needed a big breakfast this morning to help me make it through to lunch.

Lunch: Chicken sausage with green pepper and steamed broccoli. For dessert after lunch I had a banana with almond butter wrapped in a Pure Wrap. It was like having a little crepe dessert. Very good :-)

Dinner: We had shepherd's pie made with lamb. I took the mashed potatoes off of the top of mine and just ate the filling, which was plenty. It was full of carrots and peas and other good veggies that had been cooked in the sauce - very tasty.

Happy rest day to all of you!

Tricia


No comments:

Post a Comment