Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Beachbody Challenge Day 2

Happy Day 2 to YOU!

I woke up early this morning and knocked out my PiYo workout. Because I was feeling like doing a little more, I added on the bonus 20 minute Turbo Fire HIIT  workout that comes with the PiYo DVD set. Between the PiYo workout and that one, I am feeling my WHOLE body in a new way today. Tuesdays are busy days for me, I do a lot of walking and a lot of moving from sitting to standing. I really was feeling those workouts by lunch time today. Really. A lot. Ouch.

I'm reminded as I sit on my comfortable sofa how good it is to be sore, though. I know I worked my muscles today. I know they are doing something they are not used to and that is helping shape and strengthen my body. And that is a good thing!

Because Tuesdays are so busy, it was a no brainer to add the Shakeology to my diet today. I am, however, a HUGE proponent of eating a real breakfast. Just ask my kids! I absolutely believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It sets you up for success or failure with your diet for the rest of the day. It either gives you the energy you need and fills you up, or it is lacking and sets you off course. So I added the Shakeology at lunch, which makes more sense for my schedule anyway.

I'm going to be honest with you - I also am not a huge fan of not eating real food. However, the Shakeology came with my PiYo Challenge pack, so I committed to trying it for the duration of our Challenge. Before this, I would not have said that I would drink any of my meals. I just didn't believe that a protein shake would keep me full or provide me with all of the nutrients I need to get through to dinner.

As of 2 hours after drinking my shake for lunch, I will say that I am still pretty full. I haven't had any sudden dips in energy and I don't feel like I want to eat everything in my pantry - so I'm going to call my Shakeology lunch a success! We will look at what kind of results I have over all in the coming weeks.

Here's the rest of what is on my menu for today:

Breakfast: Squash and Asparagus Fritatta (I sauteed a cup of asparagus and squash in coconut oil, then poured two scrambled eggs over the top to cook. I flipped it once and BAM! Fritatta!)

Lunch: Shakeology - chocolate vegan - mixed with one cup of almond milk and a handful of icef

Snack: Pecan Pie Larabar (I count this as 2 fats and one fruit, for those of you following the PiYo Eating Guide)

Dinner: Copy Cat Panera Bread Autumn Squash Soup from Healthy Hungry Girl with one chicken breast chopped and added to the soup.

Overall, my energy is good again today. I did have a headache and was VERY thirsty this morning. Detoxing can be rough the first few days. I'm happy to be getting everything out of my system, though and looking forward to recording my results in 59 days!

See you all tomorrow!

Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment